Why is HGH so Expensive in the USA?
HGH is way too expensive in the United States, but why?
We break it down into all the various parts. With any pharmaceutical product, there is the research and development effort to create the product, clinical trials, production and distribution. Then there is the pharmaceutical supply chain.
HGH is higher in the USA because it is over-regulated, the US government does not effectively negotiate drug prices for its citizens, and there are very few competitors in the supply chain to drive down prices. This isn’t so in foreign markets where governments negotiate directly with big pharma. Without enough competition, and enough politicians who are willing to take on big pharma’s exaggerated pricing model in the USA, we are unlikely to see our drug prices move on par with other countries. HGH prices in the USA will likely remain high for some time to come.
The HGH supply chain in the USA is as follows:
- HGH is produced at a manufacturing site.
- HGH is then transferred to licensed wholesale distributers.
- HGH is then sold and stocked at retail pharmacies.
- HGH finally is prescribed and shipped to a patient to alleviate a medical condition determined by a licensed physician.
HGH (Big Pharma) Manufacturers – Oligarchies
- Only a few very large multinational firms like Novo Nordisk, Pfizer, Merck, Eli Lilly, etc. produce HGH.
- The 10 largest Big Pharma companies (measured in US sales only) account for 60 percent of total corporate sales in all of the United States (2004).
- Big pharmaceutical makers have the most influence over pharmaceutical prices (HGH prices).
- Prices are determined by expected demand, future competition, estimated marketing costs, an other factors relative to what Big Pharma believes patients (customers) are willing to pay, relative to the benefit they receive.
HGH Wholesale Distributors – Oligarchies
- Wholesale distributors are the intermediaries who buy from the manufacturer and sell to the pharmacies.
- Wholesale distributors in the United States have been undergoing consolidation, declining from approximately 200 in 1975, to fewer than 50 in the year 2000.
- The top 3 wholesale distributors account for almost 90% of the wholesale market in the United States.
HGH Pharmacies – Little Incentive to Negotiate
- Pharmacies negotiate prices with manufacturers and wholesalers, yet for most prescription medications this doesn’t reduce prices in the United States as much as it should.
- HGH usually is distributed by mail-order specialty pharmacies due to its limited distribution throughout the USA.
- Because of the insurance model in the United States, drug prices are inflated and pharmacies have little or real power to influence competitive pricing like in other industries due to poor oversight by regulatory authorities.
Anyone with some business knowledge can observe that the US pharmaceutical model is not effective at creating true competition. Over-regulation in healthcare and pharmaceuticals creates oligarchies. Oligarchies comes from a form of government which functions in a manner where all power is vested in a few dominant persons or companies. With only 5-10 companies and 3 wholesalers controlling much of the USA-based pharmaceutical supply chain, it is no surprise why human growth hormone is so over-priced and out-of-reach for most Americans seeking its benefits.
Why is HGH so Expensive? – HGH Market Share Around the World and in the USA
The HGH Market nonetheless is a significant market in the United States and around the world. Important points about the HGH Market and why HGH is so expensive:
- Total HGH market is estimated between 3-4 billion annually.
- The HGH market in the USA is approximately 50% of that ($1.5B-$3B annually).
- 50% of all sales is for children with growth hormone disorders.
- 50% of all sales goes to adults – far above and beyond the “so-called” adult human growth hormone deficiency estimates. Hence, the majority of adults taking HGH are actually doing so to achieve results outlined in many research studies like the famous Rudman HGH study.
Demand for HGH, even without insurance coverage for most creates $1B-$2B annual HGH business where the target market is adults in the US and around the world.
Why is HGH so Expensive in the USA – but not in other Countries?
HGH is more expensive in the USA than in other countries because of government regulations and possibly corruption between the drug lobby, politicians and regulators. As one can observe from the chart above of the human growth hormone market, if you are wealthy enough and can afford the concierge medical services and out-of-pocket expenses for HGH, you can get it, easily. The drug and regulatory industry support it for elites. However, if you are a middle-class American trying to get it, you will be ridiculed and possibly prosecuted by some government agent.
Case in Point – Peter Theil Video on HGH Treatment with Bloomberg TV – Does Peter Theil look HGH deficient to you?
Why does he get access to expensive HGH in the USA, while the average American cannot? Good question. Peter is in a more special elite class, and that’s the only reason. He gets to use his wealth and power to exploit the health care market for his benefit, based on his own beliefs, not those of the FDA or DEA. When you are a billionaire, you can get and take all the HGH you want, and you can brag about it to everyone on television, and no one in power in the government dare bother you.
Why does Peter Theil take HGH? Because he researches its benefits and believes it will help maintain his health and wellness as he ages. See famous Rudman HGH statement at the end of this blog.
HGH Prices in Costa Rica (Central America), Mexico, and USA
Go to the following page to learn about HGH alternatives which are available in the USA: <Click here>
The Rudman Study on HGH & Why HGH is so Expensive
The Rudman Study on HGH is one of the most famous HGH studies to come out of the 1990s. It started the HGH hysteria among those searching for the fountain of youth. There have been many other positive HGH studies since them, but by far the doctor Rudman study was the one that set the HGH industry in motion.
However, before we get to the Rudman study, we first need to understand why it is important. The main importance of the Rudman study is that HGH helps reverse many of the metrics modern medicine uses to predict overall health and the development of chronic disease. Let’s address these in order:
USA Overweight – Obesity Epidemic
HGH helps reduce fat. It encourages fat loss and muscle gain. Not huge muscles, just solid health muscle tone. Note that the NIH reports that overweight/obesity in the United States is impacts today approximately 70% of Americans, and its headed in a bad direction.
Medical professionals and health researches alike are taught and understand that body mass index and hip to waist ratio directly correlate with diminished health and development of chronic diseases like: Heart Disease, Diabetes, Stroke/Hypertension, Cancers and more. If there is one thing in the research HGH does, it is it improves body composition.
Now let’s turn to the Rudman Study results.
Read the Rudman research paper here: <Click here>
Below are bullet points on the Rudman study:
- Treatment was given for six months
- Ages ranged from 61 to 81 years
- Men were injected at 8:00 AM, with intervals between HGH injections only 1 or 2 days
- The men followed a healthy diet directed by a dietician
- Study found no significant change in body weight
- Lean body mass increased by 8.8%
- Fat decreased by 14.4%
- Skin thickness increased 7.1%
- An increase in bone density was observed
Contact us to discuss HGH replacement therapy, and those options which fit your lifestyle.